How to make the right choice among numerous topics for dissertations
When you are writing a dissertation the “right choice” is one which you can easily write about and which fits within the guidelines of your assignment. You want to make sure that the topic you choose is one which you have a passion for and one which fits within the course assignment. If you are completing a dissertation in education then you should obviously avoid a topic that focuses on history. This is true of all courses.
If you want to write a dissertation paper that focuses on education you can consider any of the topics below:
- Should parents who home school children be certified as teachers?
- Do video games engage students with ADD in a positive manner?
- Is single-sex education an effective form of education?
- Is it important for children to learn arts and music education while in school?
- What steps can be taken to stop bullying among students?
- Should creationism be taught in schools as a theory as viable as evolution?
- Should books that have sexist or racist language be removed from school libraries?
You can write a dissertation on English topics including some of the following:
- Did blacklisting movies in Hollywood have any effect on television from the 1950’s?
- Does the current American media accurately present a picture of Islam?
- Should the government be responsible for regulating social network privacy settings?
- Should students in America be required to learn a second language?
- Compare and contrast a gothic book from the 19th century to current vampire novels popular among youth
- Explain the role of symbolism in works of Chekhov or Poe
- What social forces were responsible for creating the Harlem Renaissance?
- Can eating disorders be blamed on media?
- What effect does blogging have on the dissemination of information?
- How does mass communication change global awareness and war?
- Is censorship on the internet considered a violation of our freedom of speech?
If you are completing a dissertation on health or biological sciences you can pick from a handful of great topics such as:
- How artificial sugar is harmful
- Whether genetically altered food should legally have warning labels
- How the use of mobile devices improves the nursing field
- How grandmothers help people to live longer re: “the grandmother hypothesis”
- How advertising contributes to childhood obesity