7 Best Ideas For Dissertation Topics In Risk Management
Using case studies for your risk management dissertation
There are various approaches that you can take with your risk management paper; however, quite an effective technique is to base the work on a case study of a major company that has had to use risk management techniques. For example, you may look at a major oil spill or a food poisoning case that affected a large restaurant chain and see how they dealt with the public, as well as what techniques we used to minimise any damage to business.
You can even look at successful risk management techniques that one business used that ultimately helped it to stay in business, and you can then compare this with another company who hadn’t taken good risk management advice and ultimately paid the price.
Including successful strategies as part of the evidence
As mentioned, it is good idea to point out any successful strategies and you can then base part of the paper on your knowledge of various risk management theories and techniques. Ultimately, you can detail how things work in practice, compared to the theory.
If there is a particular strategy that you’re fond of then you may wish to research this further as the basis of your paper. In fact, it is a very good idea to focus on an area of risk management that you are particularly interested in, as this is likely to make it more enjoyable to do the work, which can have a positive impact on the end result.
Finding further ideas online
In order to find some further ideas then you may wish to look online. For example, you can read about various articles and opinion pieces relating to risk management and companies that have been through a crisis or, alternatively, avoided one because of techniques that they used. For further ideas then feel free to look at the list of risk management topics below.
- The role of forecasting in financial risk management
- A case study of a business that used successful risk management strategies
- The role of risk management in the oil industry
- How the cost and benefits of risk management are worked out
- The differences between risk management and business contingency planning
- A study of a failed business and how it could still be operating had it employed effective risk management techniques
- An examination of mortality risk management in businesses